Monday, June 13, 2011

FINALLY!

I am happy to report that Jon has FINISHED his tour of duty in Afghanistan! :) (Happy Dance) He was set to leave the other day and it got pushed back. He then said he was leaving today. He called me early this morning to say the flight was delayed. That being said, he is officially done in Afghanistan and has left that awful country! I am so overjoyed to announce the work of God and his great mercy and grace over the past year. God continues to show me his blessings, and I am beyond thankful and blessed for all that he has done for me and my family. It truly makes me know that he is at work through all that I have been through. Without being in him, I would not have had the strength, courage, or determination to make it through this awful wrenching year.  It's been a long one full of emotion, anxiety, excitement, sadness, etc. However, I am happy to say that I am relieved that Jon is physically safe. He will be heading to Kyrgyzstan for a layover for about four days. He should arrive back at his home base of Baumhoulder, Germany either Friday or Saturday. After that, he will begin his PTSD and transitional classes before coming back to the states. He originally was supposed to come home July 8th, but his time has been moved up to July 3! Just in time for Independence Day! This month is off to a great start! Finishing the school year out, Morgan's birthday, Jon's birthday, his journey back home and spending the entire summer with my two favorite people! I am beyond blessed. Thank you to EVERYONE for your continued love, support, and encouragement! We are so thankful as I know Jon is as well!
Love and Prayers,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment