Sunday, June 20, 2010

Difficult Adjustment

I awaited a phone call all morning. Jon finally arrived in Germany early this morning our time (1am I believe). He was relieved to know that he had transportation back to Baumholder when getting off the plane. After he left yesterday, his plan was to hop off the plane and catch a train or bus ticket which could have taken him up to four hours to get home. Goodness is he so random! Thankfully, while in NYC he was able to meet up with a bunch of people from his base and catch a ride from Frankfurt to Baumholder. Through all the exhaustion of traveling, he caught a nap. I talked to him quite a bit today! It is so awesome to see how well technology has come these days! Skype, telephone, and facebook! Hopefully it will be the same in Afghanistan. He tends to spoil me in the communication department. :) I know Jon was feeling a little down adjusting back to Germany and not being with all of us today. It must be such a hard transition going from being surrounded by family and friends continously for two weeks to "reality." My heart broke to hear the saddness in his voice earlier today. However, later on tonight he called and said " I am no longer sad! I have my roomate." Jon will find out tomorrow more details on his deployment. He is thinking that his unit will be leaving in the next week or so. I am thankful that God has blessed me with such an amazing man in my life. Please continue to pray for him with patience, strength, and determination; but most importantly trusting God in everything.
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment