Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Time Has Come...

Due to OPSEC I had to delete some information that I posted lastnite! Sorry!
What a rough few days. Waking up to see the news of a local soldier from NT...and now preparing to see Jon leave for the next year to a country where life will be totally different...almost freedomless! A place where morals do not matter, women are degrated, and life is just plain out miserable and unethical! What a true challenge it must be for those already in Afghanistan fighting. Jon is currently enjoying his last days...or shall I say last hours in Germany with friends, TV, internet, and freedom. All of his things are packed up and gone. :( I was pretty emotional today when talking with him on skype. However, I have to remember his purpose and that this is something that he has ALWAYS wanted to do. Until then, I will be here to pray, encourage, and support him all the way through this journey. Tomorrow, they will be on lockdown at 6pm their time. The unit will have a ceremony to honor those leaving and then provide dinner for them afterwards. Soon after they will all huddle into a huge room...almost like a gymnasium until further notice. On a better note, Jon recently got his address for Khandar. However, he is not sure when he will be able to recieve mail and packages. His address is:

PFC Strible Jonathan

B Co 40 en

c/o HHC 105th en bn

APO AE09355


Jon would love to hear from each and every one of you! The smallest things are the ones that are most treasured. As I prepare for his departure...I currently sit here typing with tears in my eyes praying for safety and a return that is healthy, honorable, and momentous! I know this will be a difficult year for not only Jon, but certainly for myself and his family and friends. Together we will support you Jon from now until the end! I love you! I will end with a quote that had me thinking and truly shows his strength and integrity...

" I am only one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will NOT refuse to do something that I can do."

Love and prayers,

Kristine






No comments:

Post a Comment