Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Time is Near

Good afternoon! Wow is it a scorcher today! I'd say 90 here in Buffalo! Well it has been a few days and Jon is doing well. Once he got back to Germany, they reminded him that he needed to get his things together. The movers (Germans) had come to take all his belongings for storage. His entire unit got emptied yesterday and the other building was being emptied today. As I sit and realize this whole mindest, my heart hurts to know that the time is coming so soon. He said that there is not much talk about what day exactly he is leaving. However, they did tell him that it's going to be Sat, Sun, or Monday of THIS weekend. I don't think reality has quite sunken in yet. Friday night I am sure it will hit me once again. Lately I keep saying that I am more worried about him losing his freedom and ability to do what he wants when he can, rather than his safety. However, I do worry about safety as well. I DO know that Jon will be safe no matter what obstacles he will face. He is strong and determined in whatever he does. Today they got to decide which month that they wanted to come home while being deployed. Each soldier chooses a month. Jon of course chose December. What a great month! However, only two soldiers can leave per month. So depending on how many people signed up for December will depend if he is able to leave or not. He will not know until the date gets closer. The soldiers are able to leave from 3months until 9months into deployment. Some will have to leave already in August after only being there a short while. Please continue to pray for Jon and the rest of his company as they collectively come together for their mission as soldiers.

1 comment:

  1. Jon is lucky to have so much support from you! I have been thinking about him a lot and I'm sad I haven't talked to him too much this week. Thanks for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete