Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saying Goodbye Means Looking Towards the Future...

Good evening! This is the first blog I have ever visited and even tried doing. I hope this goes well. I figured that I would update my feelings, thoughts, and experiences while Jon is away. This blog will also keep family members, friends, and co-workers updated on Jon's deployment over the next year with the Army. I hope that this will keep many of us connected with how he is doing while being in Afghanistan.
Well after a wonderful two weeks, it was time to say goodbye today! It was an emotional yet heart warming moment to see such an amazing young man depart for his purpose and will. We will all truly miss him until he returns....in six months (half way break :) ). As we speak, Jon is currently traveling back to Germany for a week. The first week of July will mark his next journey to Kandahar, Afghanistan. Please keep him in your prayers as we experience the joy, pain, love, and determination of Jon's journey over the next year.
Kristine

1 comment:

  1. Kristine,
    I think this is a really neat idea! We can all keep track of what Jon is doing and he can check in here with us, too! It's amazing the connections we can have with him even when he is so far away. He needs lots of prayers and support right now. I think it was really hard for him to go back to Germany after such a fun two weeks with his family and loved ones. Hope you are hanging in there, too!

    ReplyDelete