Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mission has Begun

Good afternoon! It is official! Jon has left for his first mission. He called Monday night and was very tired. He was awakened once again but for a different reason this time. Someone in his unit lost a part to a weapon so they had to wake up at 4am to go on a search for this missing piece. Still not sure if they ended up finding it...
Tuesday was a sad day for me. I was sad to know that Monday ended up being the last time I would talk to Jon until he finished his mission. He arrived Tuesday in a different part of the country and found a computer to use in a cafe with limited internet access. As I sat tutoring, he was texting me through facebook. Getting a text is not the same as hearing the one you loves voice on the other end. There truly is no comparison. He noted that he would not know when he would be able to call or even send a message again. If it all goes according to plan; I'm hoping that it will be a week like he said when he first began. It has been two days and I sit here waiting to be excited with a call or anything to know that he is okay. I know that God is watching over him and protecting him. I pray that he is safe as he is currently working on his first mission with the "enemies." I imagine the fear, anxiety, and determiation that he and the rest of his unit must be feeling during this first mission experience. Please continue to pray for strength and determination during this difficult time. I miss him so much as I'm sure many of you do as well.
A friend shared some culture pictures of what life is like for those who live in the country. Jake served a year in the Army as well. So many times we sit here asking for more, wanting more and needing more! It is important to be thankful for the things that you have and not to dwell on always wanting and having the bigger and better mentality of life. Please continue to keep Jon in your prayers. He needs them more than ever!
Love and Prayers,
Kristine




Getting to know one another

Life during war



Protecting the streets




No comments:

Post a Comment