Friday, July 23, 2010

You Never know who You're Going to Meet...


What an interesting evening it was...or shall I say another sign from God! I was with friends lastnite at our local canal fest. As we sat talking I noticed a few guys in uniform hanging out. For those of you who don't know me that well...I tend to be well you know very approachable. I noticed these Army seargents in gear and felt that I needed to say "Thanks for your service." As I try to do whenever I get the opportunity. I never thought it was that important until I picked Jon up at the airport and heard everyone thank him. As I approach them with my kind words he returns and says well we cannot do it without all your support...so thanks to you guys too! We got to talking...and because I love to brag about Jon, of course I told them about him being in Afghanistan. When talking about missions and not knowing when we would hear from him again; he told me that there were a few sites that you can visit to stay updated on what is actually taking place where his engineering company is stationed. So this morning when waking up, that's exactly what I did! Sure enough...his batallion has a facebook page! Another reason why I love facebook! You can join their page and the commander updates with news every few days. It was interesting learning about the new bomb robot named Talon that the soldiers are starting to use to detect roadside bombs (See picture above). I also found a site that posts pictures from their batallion as well as various news. There are pictures of Jon's unit arriving in Afghanistan. This site is www.20thengineers.com/afghanistan.html I hope everyone has a great weekend! Continue to keep Jon and his unit in your prayers!


Love and Prayers,

Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment