Sunday, July 18, 2010

Simply Bliss...

Good Morning! I hope all is well with each and everyone of you today! What a great few days it has been. The sun has been shining! Being home all summer is certainly something I could get used to! :)
I was able to spend the evening with Robin on Thursday (Jon's mom). What a treat! It was so nice catching up on life and sharing how we have become who we are today with God in our lives. Looking back and reflecting, it is so amazing to see how God has worked in and through my life. Nine years ago struggling to make ends meet, and now I'm blessed with my beautiful daughter, a home, a great career and an amazing boyfriend! God is good! I pray that he continues to work in me and use me for his purpose. Robin and I had went out to dinner at Chester's on Transit! Yummmm! We probably could have eaten way more but we tried to be good ladies! :) Aftewards we went and purchased some things for Jon. Our plan was to go home and pack up a care package for him! We were able to purchase so many goodies that Jon could enjoy....all while stealing our own out of the containers! Trail mix, licorice, skittles, iced tea, and his ultimate favorite: HOMEMADE chocolate chip cookies. It's a good thing he has his mom and aunt because I get a 0 in the baking department. I'm more of a slice and bake kinda girl! I'm sure Jon doesn't even know the difference. :)
On the other note, Jon is doing very well. Still having a lot of rocket attacks that are becoming more of a nuisance. He said that Thursday night he had to be awakened twice in the middle of the night to get up and get into a bunker with the rest of the guys. Visualizing that is pretty scary. However, it seems like they are so used to them that they are becoming a "normal" part of their life in Afghanistan. Other than that he is staying busy and continuing to take classes for thier first mission that should take place sometime in August. He watches movies and works out at the gym in his spare time. Yesterday his base had theAfghanis come in to host a bazzaar where they sell all their homemade gadgets, knick knacks, and items. Jon said it was really neat! He ended up buying a handmade carved belt.
It is such a pleasure to have him able to call everyday still using that cool new phone of his. Hearing his voice fills me with joy and security that he his safe!
As we all sit here and enjoy our summer swimming, attending parties, traveling, and being with family; please remember those who are fighting overseas and are losing out another summer, holiday, or special occassion with their loved ones and are truly sacrificing their freedom while they fight for ours!
Love and Prayers,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment