Thursday, December 30, 2010

1,000 mark!

Wow, as I return from a fun filled day of Chuck E. Cheese and sledding; I notice that my blog since July 1, 2010 has reached 1,000 viewers! This blog was only served to keep local family and friends updated on the progress of Jonathan while being deployed. I am overjoyed to look at that number and seeing nothing but the outpouring love that so many of you have given not only to Jonathan but myself. I pray that this blog finds you full of appreciation of ALL of your service men and women. It is truly a gift that there are so many of you praying for his safety and well being during this difficult journey. And a difficult journey it has been thus far. This blog has given me tranquility, relaxation, and the release of stress. So many times it's so hard to share my true emotions of how I feel. When coming here, I feel like it is an escape to get everything that I think about during this time. I am thankful that God is working through me during this experience! It has been a difficult one, but sooooo rewarding for so many reasons! :)
Since there are so many people that have reached out to this blog, I am beginning to think that this could be something I could get in tuned with as the new year approaches. Why not right? Just finishing my Masters a few weeks back, I feel like I will have a lot more time. My plan was to stop the blog once Jonathan was out of Afghanistan. However, since so many people are interested, I may in the future turn it into a photo blog that captures Jon's time in the military as well as our time spent together. Who knows? I think it would be a great way to look back in the future and see the blog and how much both of us have grown.
So, if you start to see the blog change a bit in the upcoming year, don't be alarmed! It's me trying out my new creativity.
Please continue to pray for Jon while he is on this dangerous long mission for the next twelve days. He has contacted me and seems to be doing well "virtually." I know that it is very dangerous where he is at, but I also know God is working in and through him!
I pray everyone has a safe and prosperous new year!

Love and Prayers,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment