Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Long Week

Boy what a long week it has been! I was stuck in Detroit for nearly 2 1/2 days due to lack of staff, weather and various delays! I was supposed to be home Sunday morning in time for Morgan's production in the The Story of Christmas at the Chapel; instead, I got in Tuesday afternoon! I was surely be tested, but was overjoyed to be able to use patience and see how God was going to use me with other people around me. It was great experience to say the least!
I hardly talked to Jon at all this week. He went on missions Tuesday and I was not able to talk to him until this morning. 4 whole days! I know, you may think that's nothing, but when you love and care for someone so far away it's torture! I talked to him this morning and he seemed very tired. I know that he has been working hard and the weather is getting very cold at night. During his four day mission, he had to sleep outside in temperatures as low as 26 degrees. To hear that, breaks my heart. Why is it that we dare sit here and complain about what we don't have, and instead be thankful for what we DO have?! The conditions that I see the soldiers go through are retch-id. Unfair. Agonizing. You have people like Jon who give their life to fight for our country but are still not being treated right. At one point today I broke down in tears because of this exact issue, but more because of the holidays. I am sad to know that Jon wants nothing more than to be home with his family right now and how much we all want him to be here with us. To know that he can't, kills me inside. He deserves to be here with his family. During times like these, I am thankful to know that he has chosen to be so selfless in helping others and giving back to others. His determination, strength, and faith never seizes to amaze me. He is a courageous and wonderful man! So as we approach Christmas this week, remember those who cannot be with their families this year. And please remember the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas! Happy Holidays!
Love and Prayers,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment