Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rough Stuff

Christmas has gone and past. What a wonderful day it was merely for celebrating our Christ Saviors Birth! Time spent with family, joy with one another, and sharing old time stories from the past. However, something was missing, and that was Jonathan. It was a very emotional day. We tried numerous times to talk to him and be able to just say Merry Christmas, but deep down inside it certainly was not the same for him or for us. Failed connections via Skype, dropped phone calls made it even more frustrating. It broke my heart talking to him, knowing that of all things he just wanted to be home with family, and he couldn't. The Army did provide him with a nice hot meal which was nice to hear. I think that's the best thing I have heard the Army do since he has been deployed.
Today marks the first of fourteen days that Jon will be on mission. YES, this will be the longest that I will go without talking to him! It certainly will be a long two week. Especially when he is so sacrificial to call home or send a message to let us all know how he is doing every 1-2 days. However, this mission is different. 14 days gone with no communication. It is dangerous, unknown, and life risking. I would say this is the most intense mission since he has been in Afghanistan, and I know there have been quite a few already. I pray that God will continue to protect him and keep him focused and aware of his surroundings at all times. He could not share much with this mission, which is totally understandable. Please keep him in your prayers through another difficult task. I could only fathom the cold weather, deprivation, depression, and anguish he must be going through to know that he is stuck on this mission for 13 more days! It breaks my heart. I want him back to his FOB safe and sound with a nice message saying "I'm back safe, Kristine." Until then, I will patiently wait and continue counting down the days, hours, and minutes.
On a brighter note, the new year is fast approaching. I hope you have all your resolutions set and stick to them! I'm looking forward to a new year in that Jon will only have 5 more months left! Thank you for all your support and prayers. Happy New Year!
Love and Prayers,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment