Sunday, December 5, 2010

An amazing visit!

Good evening! As we approach the holidays I would like to say how thankful I am as well as most of Jon's family and friends were to have him home for about fifteen days! It was time well spent and I could not have asked for a better two weeks. He arrived home on the 18th of Nov. In such a short time, we were all able to do so many fun and exciting things. Thanksgiving was an amazing time spent together with an amazing dinner cooked by his mother and sister...then you have us few that brought our dishes to share and pass along. Jon was able to meet most of my family and I was so blessed that they enjoyed one another's presence together. I have to say, Jon sure is open minded and welcoming in all situations! He truly is soooo selfless! We enjoyed dinner together at a Buffalo's favorite...Mulberry's in the Southtowns! Delicious Italian food! Yum. Many days were spent to having quality time together with one another. I truly cherish the nights we played games or just hung out and watched movies with the family. We were also able to go to Buffalo Bills game, shopping, movies, lunch, and a short, yet crazy trip to NYC for a few days! We had an INCREDIBLE time laughing, joking, smiling, grrrr-ing, and teasing one another. Yesterday, we all had to say goodbye as he left for his second half of his deployment in Afghanistan. I thought this second time would be much easier to say goodbye for a short while. However, I get so emotional thinking about the conditions that he has to go back and face on a daily basis. However, I have trust and hope in God through all battles that he is bigger than any situation that I face these days. I truly cannot wait until he is out of Afghanistan and back to Germany. For some reason, being away from home but yet safe and enjoyable brings me more peace and ease. Thanks for all of you who were able to send cards, letters, and care packages to Jon for Veteran's Day! He was truly surprises and overwhelmed with how many are truly thinking and praying for him during his deployment! And as always I thank each one of you for your love and support as we together go through this journey! I will post pictures soon.
Love and Prayers,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment