Thursday, December 9, 2010

Great News!

Jon has made it back to Afghanistan and is adjusting back quite well. He began his first mission today since being back. I know it was VERY hard for him to leave home and head back to a place where the conditions are beyond horrible. However, I know that he will be strong and God will continue to wrap his arms around him and keep him safe.
With that being said, Obama had made a recent visit to Afghanistan while Jon was on R&R and made an announcement that he wanted to start pulling troops out by July 2011. How awesome! It is even better that Jon has heard that his unit will be finishing up missions in May and will be able to leave towards the end of May from Afghanistan and head back to Germany! What a blessing that would be. Once he gets to Germany, he will then take his leave at the end of June or beginning on July! This news yesterday made my ENTIRE day, week, and the rest of the year!
I feel that all the troops deserve this beyond words can ever express. I am thankful each time the phone rings that Jon is safe and the rest of the men and women in his battalion are as well. This journey has really strengthened my faith in Jesus! I am overjoyed with the many blessing that he has continued to provide! Please continue to pray for Jon's safety and strength for the next hopefully (finger's crossed) five months! Wow that sounds so awesome to say!
As the holidays approach, please don't forget to remember the REAL reason this holiday season! It is not about gifts, but the gifts you can offer to one another who are less fortunate.
Love and Prayers,
Kristine

1 comment:

  1. It was so great having our boy home for two weeks. I loved watching him play with Audrey. It also meant a lot to me that he wanted to come to my men's group meeting. Hopefully five months will go fast.

    ReplyDelete